is a new type of water filter media combining the proven benefits of standard pleated filters with a breakthrough in nano-technology to create a unique filter possessing removal capabilities well beyond the scope of conventional filtration technologies.
Utilising the principle of electro-adhesion is capable of removing a wide range of water borne contaminants including bacteria, cysts, viruses and colloidal particles;
- Removing >99.9999% at 0.2 microns
- Removing >99.997% at 0.02 microns (Virus level)
- Lowest Pressure Drop – Comparable to a 2-3 µ/micron filter
- Wide pH Ranges – Effective from pH 4 to pH 9
- High Dirt Retention – Up to 25 times greater dirt holding capacity
- Heavy Metal Removal – Copper, Iron, Lead, Tin
In contrast to traditional water filter technology, which removes contaminants based purely on the physical pore size of the media, utilises 2 to 3 micron nominal pore size to trap particles between 0.5 and 2 microns and combines this with process called ‘electro-adhesion’ to trap fine and ultra-fine particles down to an incredible 0.02 microns.
This powerful combination of physical filtration and electro-adhesion results in a filter with higher removal capacities reduced clogging, minimal pressure drop and longer life, even in the presence of saline (salt water) solutions.
As a result, filtration capabilities extend beyond common bacteria and cysts to include;
- Viral and bacterial microbes
- Endotoxins, DNA, RNA,
- Electro-negatively charged proteins
- Sub-micron and nano size organic and inorganic particles
Compared to traditional water filtration media such as membranes, hollow fibre and ultra-filters offers significant performance benefits including;
- Lower operational costs achieved from reduced maintenance cycles
- Lower power consumption due to lower pressure drop profile
- Improved water recovery and recycling rates
- Reduced chemical inputs
- Reduced maintenance and replacement cycles